Digital Sound Level Meter
Prevent worker-related hearing loss!
What Is The Digital Sound Level Meter?
Why The Digital Sound Level Meter?
Hearing loss induced by high noise in the workplace is a common problem. Exposure to high noise levels for an extended period of time can lead to permanent hearing loss for workers not wearing proper hearing protection.The Digital Sound Level Meter can help employers protect workers by monitoring noise levels so they don't exceed the limits shown in OSHA Standard 29 CFR – 1910.95(a). Failure to comply can result in hefty fines.
Accurate and responsive, the Digital Sound Level Meter measures the decibels of the sound and displays the reading on the large LCD display that has a backlight button for easier viewing. An "F/S" response time button provides a choice of slow response measurements for comparatively stable noise measurement or fast for varying noise. The “Max Hold” setting will measure the maximum noise level of sounds and update continuously if a louder sound is detected. Certification of accuracy and calibration traceable to NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) is included.
|OSHA Maximum Allowable Noise Exposure|
|Hours per day (constant noise)||8||7||4||3||2||1||0.5|
|Sound Level dBA||90||91||95||97||100||105||110|
- Measuring sound level range from 35dB - 130dB (Low: 35 to 100; High: 65 to 130dBA)
- Frequency range 31.5Hz - 8kHz
- A and C weightings (check compliance with safety regulations and acoustic analysis)
- Slow (1 sec) and fast (125ms) response settings to check peak and average noise levels
- Maximum hold feature to measure peak sound levels
- Accuracy is ± 1.5dB
- NIST Certification
- Four digit LCD display in 0.1dB steps with backlight
- Battery life is 50 hours (typical) with low battery alert
- Automatic power off after 15 minutes of non-use
- Meets CE, ANSI and IEC Type 2 SLM standards
- Tripod mounting ideal for taking long term measurements
(tripod not included)
- Removable wind screen for use in windy conditions to reduce misreads
- Includes protective carrying case, 9V battery, instruction manual and removable wind screen